Tips for Selling a Home
Selling a home in today’s market can be challenging to say the least. Foreclosure and short sale are terms that you never thought you would have to use when selling your home. Even home sellers who have equity are still competing with foreclosure and short sale pricing when selling their homes.
Road To Home Realty can help regardless of your current situation. Our Real Estate Consultants will help you from start to finish. Here are some items that we will cover when listing your home with Road To Home Realty.
- Getting your home ready to sell – Most homeowners will appreciate a second set of eyes to get their home ready to show to prospective buyers. A good cleaning, de-cluttering, and de-personalizing of the home is a good start. Cleaning/replacing flooring and painting are sometimes needed. Major improvements are generally a waste of money when getting ready to sell your home. Talk to your Real Estate Consultant for more information.
- Pricing and marketing your home – An over-priced home is just that…over priced. Even the best marketing plan will not help a homeowner sell their home for much more than market value. Two things sell a home; 1) price 2) condition. Homes that sell fast and get top dollar in any situation are generally priced well and in great condition. A personalized and professional marketing plan will attract the maximum number of potential buyers and in the end get the best price for the home.
- Understanding the contract – There are many terms to a contract other than price. A contract with a good price is not always a good deal for the homeowner. Homeowners must consider the close of escrow date, buyer incentivs, title company fees, prorations, and other terms. There will also be additional timelines and dates to consider in your transaction.
- Negotiating – Negotiating is almost always involved in a real estate transaction. Homeowners will most likely need to negotiate with the buyer and in a short sale, the homeowner will also need to negotiate with the own lender. Your Real Estate Consultant will work closely with you to give the guidance necessary to close your transaction smoothly.
- Appraisals, inspections, and walk-throughs – Getting a contract on a house is one thing…closing it is another thing. Almost every real estate transaction will have an appraisal(s), inspection(s), and walk through(s). Your Real Estate Consultant will alert you of any potential problems, help you over come any issues, and help you complete the sale of your home.
- Close of escrow – This is the day that the homeowner transfers ownership to the buyer. Many things have happened and may still be happening on this day. It will all be worth it when you get the call saying that your transaction has closed!
Road To Home Realty will work hard to help you sell your home. We understand that each client has different wants, needs, and goals to deal with. Helping you achieve those wants, needs, and goals in our most important job.